Some things you may not know and others
you need to experience. Get ready for the top 70 reasons to visit
Egg Harbor and see if you can add to our list.
1. Voted one of the "Top Ten
Coolest Small Towns in America" by Budget Travel
2. More water-view lodging than any
other community in the county.
3. Centrally located in the county.
4. Four for fore. Great golf at four Egg Harbor courses.
5. Our brand new marina.
6. See the spectacle of cherry trees in full blossom.
7. Voted "Best Shopping Experience" by the readers
of Door County Magazine.
8. Water. There's a lot of water.
9. Free music, including the summer "Concert in the Park" and "Peg Egan PAC Sunset
10. Outstanding beach. Beach Park.
11. Voted "Best Wisconsin Town for Galleries and Arts
Scene" by Wonders of Wisconsin.
12. A center for the arts.
13. Free family concerts performed by
Birch Creek Music
Performance Center staff.
14. Take a peaceful bicycle ride
through the scenic countryside.
15. Sit and watch a spectacular sunset
16. Enjoy our public art.
17. Digging through antique shops.
18. Take a horse-drawn wagon ride
19. Outstanding fireworks display.
Annually on the 3rd of July. Voted "Best Fireworks Display" by the
readers of Door County Magazine.
20. Unwind and relax.
21. Home of the annual Blossom Run.
22. Wow your family and friends with a destination wedding.
23. Your favorite beverage tastes
24. Quirky New Year's Day parade.
25. Live music.
26. Test your toughness at the annual
Door County Triathlon.
27. Hike the Door County Land Trust
Preserves and "Paths to Parks" trails along Horseshoe Bay
28. Where else can you get a chocolate
29. Home of the ever-popular Breakfast with Santa event.
30. Relax, relate, release ... Girlfriends Great
31. Visit farm animals in a natural
32. Fall colors.
33. Take the trolley on the haunted pub crawl.
34. Award-winning wineries.
35. Pumpkin Patch festival.
36. Stop to smell the flowers.
37. Proximity to five Wisconsin State Parks.
38. See the stars thanks to the
39. Be the envy of your friends.
40. A low-key flip-flops kind of
41. Niagara Escarpment. Feel it, learn
42. A haven for artists.
43. Natural highs for the nature
44. A Harbor of Refuge.
45. Enrich your soul.
46. Visit artists-in-residence.
47. Visit 10 nearby lighthouses.
48. Celebrate your family reunions in a
49. Check out the creative uses locals
have found for
50. Have a great meal - at a variety of
51. Explore our truely unique Egg Museum.
52. Pick cherries fresh off the
53. Sample the corn salsa, cherry
brats, and honeycrisp apples.
with the kids - from mini-golf and sand castles to snowball
55. Rich historical legacy.
56. Tee up and drive off a cliff.
57. Home town of Miss Wisconsin
-- Kimberly Sawyer -- and the runner-up.
58. Home to the championship team of
the Door County softball league.
59. A walking friendly village.
60. Pet-friendly, family-friendly,
61. Watch the ebb and flow of the
62. Farm Markets - for fresh, high-quality
agricultural products direct from the producer.
63. Paddle a kayak along some very cool
64. A good value.
65. Ice fishing.
66. Visit the only micro-brewery in the county.
67. One-of-a-kind culinary delights.
68. Hunt the shops and find the elf
69. Change your latitude. Change your
70. Make memories.
Add your reasons ... email firstname.lastname@example.org